Presenting my pen and notebook

I have started the Carol Ann Duffy BBC Maestro course.

My GCSE Literacy anthology had orange on its cover. I also remember there being a poem by Carol Ann Duffy in it, I can't remember which one, but I do remember my favourite English teacher talking about Duffy while walking around. We didn't have another teacher as good as her again. Nor did we have one as crazy as her predecessor: she had only taught us about journalistic writing for the term she was with us, with her blood shot eyes, puffed up hair, and thick Irish accent.

Although I have only watched the first 3-minute video of Duffy's course, I feel like it is going to take me on a journey. Just her last words gave me an eager spark to pad around my house in search of the perfect items: '...the only thing you really need is a good pen and a new notebook.'.

I had forgotten about this red notebook, it was brand new, I had to unwrap its cellophane. The pen was in H's 2022 Christmas stocking but I found it in the pen pot in the kitchen so assume he won't mind me using it! It's just the right thickness to sit in my hand without needing to grip it tightly.

Comments

  1. Was it Valentine that we looked at for GCSE?..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came also to say we had valentine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts