Humidity 2

Humidity is something I have always struggled with since moving to Italy, I previously blogged about it back in 2012.


Many people have tried to explain humidity to me over the years and I still don't think I really understand what it is. Each time someone has tried to explain why humidity makes me feel hotter and stickier than a dry heat, I get a fleeting 'Aha!' moment that lasts a Summer, then Autumn comes and I forget about it, needing another explanation the following Summer. This year I turned to an internet search to help me instead and had my 'Aha!' moment thanks to National Geographic.

So, basically, I feel hotter and stickier when it's humid as the higher levels of water vapour in the air means that my sweat doesn't evaporate, taking the heat with it, as it would in dry heat.

Let's see if that knowledge sticks with me until next year...!

Comments

Popular Posts