Snowy Sundays

It's 22:16 and I am snuggled up under my duvet all set to sleep, pretty early for me.  This is for two reasons: I have a New Years resolution to stick to and today I went erm..snow shoeing?!

Shoes for snow, once a tennis racket style contraption...but they have come long way since that.  Today for €10 (both a rip off and a bargain, depending on which way you look at it) I hired some snow shoes with friends and we walked up a snow covered mountain.  Well at least we parked the car near the top and ascended the last 600m, in height not length.  Oh the shoes...hinged in the middle with metal teeth on the bottom.  You fix your shoe into the inner part and then the larger surround flips back and forth as you walk, or something like that.  It's deceptively tiring but I preferred the descent rather than ascent.  My legs are used to short bursts of cycling and dashing up 3-flights of steps, not trekking up mountains!

Thankfully we were rewarded with stunning views and sandwiches when we got to the top. And polenta with sausage and tomato sauce followed by a hot drink when we had returned to the bottom.  Plus a blazing fire, you can't beat the warmth of a fire.

I may not have spent the morning at church reflecting on my last week and looking forward to the next, but the cold playful wind managed to blow some of my cobwebs away, as well as knock me over!

  Bring it on Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts