Termoli, Molise

Molise is the region south of Abruzzo and to fulfill my New Years Resolution of leaving Abruzzo once a month, I caught the train to a coastal town literally across "the border".

I could stay in Termoli for 2 or 5 hours, to get a regional train back. Once there I decided 2 hours would be ok. Walking around alone, 2 hours was perfect.

As is my way, I read about the town on Wikipedia whilst getting breakfast at my local bar before heading to Pescara station. A walled town with a castle, fishing jetty things, and a Duomo is what it said, and that's what I saw. I read my 11 years out-of-date Lonely Planet guide once I'd walked around for an hour just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I hadn't.

I liked it. The walled part is full of characteristic old buildings and the people matched the atmosphere: I can imagine it's a thriving place in the Summer. However, the newer part of town was like many other Italian towns...streets of fashionable shops and double parked cars!

Comments

  1. Yes. I liked the old town itself, although I think half a day would be enough.I imagine the fish restaurants would be pretty good as it's a fishing port.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts