I'm [not] doing the washing up

The Times They are a-Changin'

I am just about to do the washing-up.  It's one of those things that is quite rewarding but always takes me forever to commence.  So I've looked back over some posts on my blog as I procrastinate my evening away, delaying the inevitable washing-up.

This blog really is something I've found to be a comfort whilst starting out here.  So much has morphed from one thing into another without me even realising.  For the first post I was still living in London.  Now I am living on my own in Italy.  Soon I am to move apartment, sharing with an Italian girl who can speak English (phew!).  Who knows what will happen next?

I have now been here 9 months...technically I could have had a baby in that time.  Yet since being here I have lived with a Scottish girl, an American girl and I've met people from countries that I can't place on a map.  I've managed to visit big sights and small wonders of Italy, sometimes on my own, sometimes with friends from Italy and other times with friends from England. The near future holds excitement and wonder: two trips to England, one Wedding, one Cricket Tour (hooray!), working on the beach (with school), the start of my studying for a Masters, and there's still the resolutions that I gave myself in the beginning of 2012 that I have to work towards (I can say that it will be unlikely to see me wearing my Oneill trousers on June 30th, but who knows...).

All in all.  As I prepare to pack up the few possessions I brought over here from England, accompanied by the few things I have acquired since, I realise that I can take my blog with me.  I don't remember why I started this blog, maybe it was for selfish reasons, or perhaps for a "pay attention to me" phase (as one friend ranted on Facebook not so long ago) but one thing is certain, I'm ruddy glad this exists.  I have a document of all the things I felt worthy to remember, catalogued in one place to read again and again and again....

...well that wasted 17 minutes...

Comments

Popular Posts