Achievable? Yes...Maybe...No...

So...January has started. 

This year is promising to be a good'un.  Lots of things happening.  I'm going to have a look at Milan, literally that is my plan.  A two-night stay to look around and then come back.  My two bestest buds have booked their flights to come and visit in the last weekend of January and there's a nattering in the Pakes household about both my parents coming to visit in February.  Another friend has actually booked flights for him and his girlfriend to visit but I can't remember when as he actually hasn't told that this has officially happened, I heard it "through the grape-vine".

As is usually the way for January I have come up with a few "New Year Resolutions", all of which I would like to keep but I feel that at the minute I have too many.  So.  Today I put them here, I sort them out and I make them definite.

(they are in no particular order, just how they spout from my thoughts)

1) Fit into the pair of Oneill trousers I bought, probably a year ago as last years resolution, as I am yet to wear them (but I love them!)
2) Visit a different region of Italy or country at least once a month.
3) Leave my ears alone.  (random, but a bad habit!)
4) Make a new friend each month so that at my next Christmas get together in Pescara the number guests doubles from eleven to twenty-two.
5) Have embarked on studying for my diploma in Piano
6) Speak Italian well enough to pass some sort of certificate or something
7) Start a Masters in Education

Ok so.  I sort them as follows

My New Year Resolutions, to be achieved by Monday 31st December 2012, are:

1) Visit a different region of Italy or a different country (the UK is not accepted) at least once a month.
2) Make a new friend* each month so next Christmas the guests at my "party" is doubled from 11 to 22.**
3) Achieve a certified level of Italian (speaking, written and comprehension)


Therefore that leaves me with a few goals with various deadlines.  They are:

a) On June 30th 2012 (6 months) wear my pair of Oneill trousers in public (for which I need to reduce the size of my thighs and bum since I have found Italian food hard to resist)
b) Indefinite: leave my ears alone.  (my random and bad habit!) When they itch, they itch, and that's that.
c) Begin studying for my diploma in Piano therefore I need to acquire a piano (in my house) and a mentor.
d) Start a Masters in Education in October 2012.***

And so. There we have it.

* A friend, in this instance, I consider someone I meet-up with more than once AFTER the initial meeting.  i.e. someone who I met at meetup group who I then purposefully go and meet on any day that's not every other Wednesday.


** This is a tricky one as with all parties, weddings, get-togethers the people invited cannot always come.  So, technically speaking, to get twenty-two people at a party I have to invite at least thirty people.  This allows for the natural selection of the loathed RSVP's; "Sorry, I'm washing my hair", "Sorry but I've got to visit Aunt Maud from Yugoslavia who I see once every 3 years." and "Sorry but I'm burning up with the fever and if I leave the house I will perish into a thousand pieces before reaching your house."

***  Today I got an email confirmation from the Open University Credit Transfer Department that they have received my Credit Transfer application (I gained Masters credits in my PGCE that I completed in 2009).  This is Step 1 of a multi-step process.  Once I hear back from them, in about 4 weeks, I will know which modules I need to study to achieve a Masters and will then be able to actually apply.

Comments

Popular Posts