They've gone :-(

My Dad and Brother are slightly unhinged.

Due to being both keen on motorbikes, my brother and Dad decided to tour through France and Italy to Pescara to see me. So they did it.  This morning I helped them carry their stuff back to their motorbikes to see them off.

It's been a busy weekend. We have eaten all things Italian: pizza, pasta and gelato as well as the Abruzzese arrosticini. We went to L'Aquila, albeit accidently, and we have done aperitivo. We Skyped Mum twice with poor outcomes and we've walked around. It's been great!

I do think that it was the first and last time that Dad and Bro will ride their bikes. The toll charges, petrol, Eurostar, hotel costs etc all amounted very quickly, they probably could've flown here and back twice in the amount they spent getting here!

One other thing. REGALO and REGOLA have been added to my "caution: check your spelling" list as a present and a rule are very different...pish, Italian!

Comments

  1. It is a very expensive and long journey, but the views along the way are amazing.
    We had family stay recently, hard when they go, makes you realise how important family actually is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there are so many words that sound the same, but with a slightly different emphasis...I ended up saying a rude word the other day, completely unintentionally when asking for a pen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slight difference in sound trips me up all the time. The double consonant thing something in particular that I find difficult!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts