Fancy a trip to the Post Office?

I arrive at the Post Office at 9am but turn around and head for the market because the queue is already massive.

At the market I purchase:
•A ball of wool to complete my hat
•A jumper from one stall for €3
•3 pairs of long socks for €5
•5, yes 5 jumpers for €5, three just because I need jumpers, one for doing "sport" in and the other is a massive thick proper olde style jumper with a wintry picture on the front, my Dad will be proud of me! 

Although there aren't charity shops in the same way as England (and I am a frequent visitor to charity shops), the used clothes stalls at the market make up for it.  Definitely the place to get myself a nice, warm puffer (bleuck) jacket as I don't see the point in me spending lots of money on something I currently hate the look of.  I completely understand the practicality of a "puffer" though so it will have to be done!

I head back to the Post Office, aware it will still be busy, as now I have the time to stand and wait.  I get my ticket: A155.  Look at the board. A65. My goodness me, 90 tickets to beep through.  Obviously some people have given up waiting but I need to pay the gas bill.  This, I spy, is the reasons why everyone else is standing with bills in their hands... 

Whilst I am waiting I go to the bar for a cappuccio and even sit down to drink it.  On returning to the Post Office the board displays A85.  Phew, promising...

At A122 I decide to go home to put my shopping away.  I get changed ready for work, go to the toilet and put my jumpers in the wash.  Back to the Post Office and it's on.....A1...2...8.  SIX numbers more. ARGH.

(I eventually pay at 12.32.  Incredibly it was an hour and a half wait for a 40 second transaction!)


*I discovered, after speaking to my Italian friends, that the first days of the month are when pensions are collected, in alphabetical order.  So that AND all the people paying their various bills equals the massive queues.  When it was at A80 people were taking tickets that were A288, crazy!

Comments

Popular Posts