Serious Shoe Envy

Any suggestions for how to shrink your feet greatly appreciated.

Italian people of the female variety do not have feet bigger than size 41.  Fact.  Therefore this makes it very hard to find shoes to fit when your feet are not Italian, but a very English size 42.  Now I'm pretty certain there are women here who have the same size feet as me as there are women here who are the same height as me and they would look ridiculous, and probably fall over a lot, if their feet were size 38.  So where do they get their shoes?

Ok.  So I have been told that there is one place where I'll get some shoes that'll fit because they have a generous size 41.  However, I'm talking about spontaneous shoe shopping.  Not the planned "I need a pair of shoes for..." type of shopping.

For example, in London  I'd be mooching around Clapham Junction and maybe see a pair of shoes I liked.  I'd ask the assistant for my size, they'd bring them out, or tell me they didn't have them.  I'd try them on.  They'd fit, or not fit, so then I'd either buy them or give them back.  Here.  There is no point even asking for my size because....IT DOESN'T EXIST!

...hmmm...I could just wear men's shoes...

Rant over.

(I went shopping in search of boots yesterday because at the moment my shoe choices are: flip-flops, wellies, trainers, Crocs or bright blue heels.  None of which are suitable for cold, grey days.  I ended up buying a pair of ankle boots, size 41, out of desperation, because they were only €9.99 and if I wear tights or really thin socks with them they'll be bearable for, oh, 3 hours max.  Great.)

Comments

Popular Posts