It's really hot...or 23 agosto 2011

Have I mentioned the heat yet?  Because it's very hot.  So hot I thought my new sandals were melting (they did only cost 5€).  It's a bit intense.  The temperature seems to stay permanently in the 30's (degrees Celsius obviously), with the highest I've seen on a pharmacy sign as 37...not quite the 15 degrees Google tells me London is currently in.

So we have used today to get my fiscal code (similar to our NI numbers and tax codes) and set up an italian SIM for my mobile.  Hoorah!  Just waiting for the registration to go through.  Fingers crossed.

Ah yes...we have also thought about my birthday (although I am always thinking about my birthday).  We have decided, with help from an Italian friend, that the best thing to do would be to go out for some arrosticini.  Wikipedia enlightens us on what this dish is...
Gli arrosticini sono spiedini di carne di castrato o di pecora tipici della cucina abruzzese ed in particolare delle zone pedemontane del Gran Sasso. In alcune zone anche chiamati invece rustelle o arrustelle oppure rostelle (nell'Imperiese).
Or for people who prefer reading english so they can understand it (courtesy of the very awful Google Translate...one day it will be my own translation...):

The kebabs [arrosticini] are skewered mutton or lamb typical of Abruzzese cuisine, in particular the foothills of the Gran Sasso.  In some areas, however, it is also called rustelle or arrustelle or rostelle (in Imperia).
 Yum Yum!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts