24 agosto 2011

Short and snappy this entry.  Not because nothing much has happened, but because I am tired and I want to go to sleep!

So Mum and I are in a nearby town called Chieti.  We need bus tickets.  It's 2pm.  In Italy, this means shops are closed and therefore bus tickets are hard to come by.  Thankfully there was a news stand/shop just next to the bus stop so we go to enquire about bus tickets (not all newspaper shops sell them and this particular one lacked the necessary sign so it did not look promising).  Using my very poor Italian I managed to find out that they did sell bus tickets.  Because I am not a fan of hunting down bus tickets in 30+ degrees, I bought 10 and off we went to get the bus.  

Later that day we were walking along an avenue and I ask Mum if she saw the magazines in the shop earlier:  as I waited for the bus tickets I had looked down at the magazines in front of me and saw two, identical magazines but one for men and one for women, both of which had a naked person on the cover, and I mean naked, except for one strategically placed hand on both photo's.  I would imagine that these magazines were more the "health and fitness" type as the people were very happy and looked very healthy, but I found it funny that they were the two magazines right at the front and in the middle of the stand.  It turned out Mum hadn't noticed.  The reason for this was that she had been preoccupied after spying two, much more interesting, magazines. "Oh?" I said..."what were they about?".  Mum started laughing and exclaimed "...about funghi!".  Yep.  In this shop there was not just one magazine about mushrooms, oh no...there were two, two, magazines about mushrooms, and I can assure they were not about the "magic" kind.  They would fit right in on Have I Got News For You?

Comments

Popular Posts