wet cement

I am not managing to blog everyday as I challenged myself but I am thinking about posting much more which is a definite win. Go me!

On my route to work I cycle along the works for the blue, m4, metro line. At one point there is the entrance to the works where I guess there is the base for vehicles and machinery. Often when I pass this spot I can smell wet cement which always evokes the memory I have of Dad building something.

I think the main memory is linked to when he added the master bedroom over the top of the garage. The cement mixer was to the left of the house, an orange, well-used item that Dad would scoop various ingredients into depending on what he was doing, like an alchemist mixing a potion. We had a big pile of gravel in the garden for a while, along with many different kinds of bricks that we would periodically use for construction purposes in our play.

Happy times indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts