Mission Wedding...

...is complete!

Wow. I am sitting in my little house, still surrounded by petals and presents to open, unable to believe that the last ten days are over. Yes, our wedding was a ten-day process.

You see, we've had 3 ceremonies: a legal ceremony (think registry office) on July 19th, an Islamic/Muslim marriage (niqah) on July 22nd, and a Christian blessing on July 29th: spanning ten days. Each ceremony had its own prep and paperwork that we started when we officially became engaged in February. There was also the coordination of who needed to be where, and what they needed to be doing when which intensified in the run up to the last ceremony, the Christian blessing.

Looking back on the whole process, I can safely say that the best bit about the whole thing were the people that were involved, and I don't just mean the registrar, the Imam and the Vicar. I mean everyone. Absolutely everything was arranged or done by friends and family: I don't think there wasn't a 'guest' that hadn't contributed in some way to the process. Our friends and family became one big community from twenty-one nationalities which, in my opinion, is the biggest blessing.

Sure, there were some mishaps: the buttonhole flowers and corsages didn't get to the 'right' people as I forgot to send the list to the 'right' people, and the Live video ended halfway throughout the Christian blessing as I forgot to give my Wi-Fi to the cameraman so the data ran out, but mishaps always happen and will continue to do so. These things, although annoying, were far outweighed by the joy, happiness, willingness to serve, and patience that everyone had. It was that which made each day, and in particular the 29th July, so special.

With that I'd like to thank everyone that came, that helped, that didn't come but have sent presents, that couldn't come but watched on Facebook Live, the list really is endless.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts