How to make...

...cherry ice cream.

H wanted ice cream but hadn't had enough hands to carry back the shopping so when he announced he had wanted ice cream, I remembered a recipe I had in my recipe book. Looking it up it was for strawberry ice cream, but having only cherries we amended the recipe. Ironically H went back to the shops to buy the cream for the recipe!

The recipe itself came from my Italian colleague in Pescara and I remember that we made it with the children at the school I was then working in. We had to keep getting the bowl of ice cream out of the freezer to stir it and, as a result, it took longer than we were expecting. Even so, here's a quick and easy recipe for cherry ice cream, I've named it 'Cherrydipity'.

Ingredients
300g fresh cherries
200ml single cream
300ml milk
100g sugar

Method
Stone and blitz the cherries in a food processor, a mixer or with a hand held mixer. Mix in the milk and cream, then add the sugar and keep stirring it and crushing the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Put in a freezer proof container and freeze for an hour. Remove from freezer and stir/break down the crystals. Put back into the freezer and remove every 20 mins to stir and break the crystals. Continue doing so until of an ice cream consistency.
And there you go. Ice cream!

Comments

Popular Posts