It happened…

…I’m writing a blog update.


It’s been a while since I felt I had anything to write but here I am, in my little studio flat, Lemsip to hand, typing.  When I was in Pescara it was much easier to write as there were a lot more 'first' experiences based on living in Italy for the first time: the language errors; the random excursions to towns and random places; the studying (oh the studying!); exploring with my visitors etc. etc.  Now I’m in Milan my rhythm has changed completely, in a way that I can't begin to explain here.  However there's one thing I don't miss about Pescara, and one thing I ironically do.

The thing I don't miss is the “I really need to get out of here” feeling that I used to get in Pescara.  Yes, I get itchy feet for travelling but it seems that it does not need to be every weekend as I felt it became in Pescara.  The city of Milan has a lot going on, and with the gift of a subscription to some of the Museums and Galleries, I seem to be able to do a lot without spending much money.  Of course, I am still a newbie to the city so the hype of the change is still in the air, but it’s a much bigger city that Pescara will ever be so it will keep me on my toes for a bit longer.  Heck, I could even use the word 'settled' how I like Milan, but on a good day!

Mountains, ironically, being just as close to them as in Pescara, are what I do miss.  The moutains near Milan, are real mountains, BIG ones.  The difference is that I don't see them like I used to see the mountains from Pescara.  I sometimes see them in the distance down a particular road on a clear day, but it's just not the same as seeing the 'Sleeping Beauty' silhouette of an evening cycling home. 

And there we go, blog post written, one thing I miss, one thing I don't.  Who knows when the next time will be that I feel an urge to let my fingers do some typing!

Comments

Popular Posts