I'm going to let you into a little secret...


...I wasn't a fan of Florence.

When I arrived in Florence it was full of people, and not full of people in a Milan way, but full of tourists...everywhere.  There didn't seem to be any daily-life people bumbling around, I saw only one 'supermarket' on my wanderings, but lots of tour groups, students and families of every nationality.  Now, don't get me wrong, the buildings were amazing but the crowds and constant movement really put me off.  Perhaps my four years doing day trips to remote hill top towns has meant I'm now spoilt.

I'm thankful that on my Sunday day-trip to Florence I did have good company.  If I hadn't, alas, I don't think I'd have lasted long wandering around.  My friends informed me what the buildings were infront of me (even though I have forgotten everything now).



I honestly haven't got a clue what the names of these things are...one of them is definitely the Duomo though!



And, of course, they took me to a great place to eat which was in a less populated square so I really enjoyed the lunch.  The antipasti was awesome, so flavoursome with some great liver pate amongst many other delicacies.  For my main I chose a simple dish of sausages and potato but it was amazing.  Of course this was after a visit to my friend's favourite gelateria at 11.30am.


 




Plus there was some awesome graffitti on most streets, one of my favourite things to spot.




 Also, the sunset was quite spectacular over the river.



Hmm...on second thoughts...perhaps I liked it after all.  I'll have to go back and give Florence a second chance. 

Comments

Popular Posts