When in Rome...

...relax.

I found this weekend so peaceful and relaxing, strange when I spent it in Rome, a city I originally detested.  It was my fifth time there and each time I like it just that little bit more.  It's difficult to walk around and see so much stuff without uncovering something new in such a big, mixed up city.  Although I saw many things that I've seen before, there are so many places, literally thousands, to discover.  There are over 900 churches in Rome, 600 of which are catholic, I think I saw...ooo...six of them this weekend.

Anyway.  Here are a few photos of my visit.  Forgive me though, I've not got a clue what they all are, except the obvious!



 


I cried a little inside when I noticed the roads that had had tarmac just dumped on top of the cobbles beneath

Comments

Popular Posts