The day I finished Matt's gin...

...oh, and my Masters!

When one of my 'original' Pescara friends moved away, one who actually knew where my first house here was, he gave me the remainder of his bottle of Caorunn gin.  It was actually thanks to that bottle that I turned to quite like gin: it's now my preferred spirit.  Anyway, the bottle is now empty, probably after over 3 years since it was opened.

I'm having a quiet gin lemon to congratulate myself on passing the examinable assignment for my last Masters module.  It means I'm now waiting for the awards department to get in touch with me about my participation in a graduation ceremony hopefully at the Barbican Centre in March...I have a Masters in Education to go claim.

Ironically, the module I've just completed is sort of 'anti' exams...arguing that intelligence is held between people, not in them, and is therefore difficult to 'examine'. As a result I know I actually managed to jump the last hurdle, a month early too, thanks to my Mum, my tutor, my prayer line, and my friend once based in Pescara who's now all the way over in Chicago.  When I see them (...if I see him...in regards to my tutor), I will give them a ruddy big hug and a hi-5 to say thanks...

...but for now, this gin's for you!

Comments

Popular Posts