One of those days...

...where many bad choices in the once present, that is now the past, truly affect the future. 

The photo below is of a Christmas present from a very dear friend of mine.  Today, more than others, I have really felt how friends, real friends who believe in you, have got your back but also serve to push you onwards and upwards.  They can see your potential but can also see what's blocking it and today I had those blocks pointed out to me, pretty clearly, which is handy!

Now, I have the battle to get past those blocks, destroy them completely if possible (how I wish they were made of polystyrene!).  I believe in change however as change for good exists, change for bad does too.  This last year, on reflection, has been particularly crucial in changing me for the worse, a back slide if you like, a serious one, let's say avalanche. 

Although I'm excited about what's ahead, I've got to focus on the here and now, the everyday: doing, reflecting, asking, recognising, observing, listening, considering...oh that would be the process of 'learning' then.  I need to see if I can put into practice the theory I've just studied so hard to understand, easier said than done of course.  This last year in Pescara is going to be a year for sharpening up.

Now, where's my hidden stash of chocolate raisins?

Comments

Popular Posts