Before I continue packing...

...I'll tell you why I'm packing.

Last Sunday I told my housemate I wanted to move out by the end of January.  Then Friday morning, I saw an apartment, confirmed I had to have it and by the evening I'd arranged to pick up the keys and move in on Sunday...tomorrow...exactly a week after returning to Pescara.  Mental.

We are turning a new page, a new chapter, me-myself-and I.  We're going it alone.  Totally.  I need my own space, complete space that is, and I found it :-)

This leads on to my belief that if something is "right" (the "right" person for something, the "right" choice when buying something etc), a once difficult decision becomes the easiest thing in the world.  It's all about seeking and knocking (Matthew 7:7-8, Luke 11:9).  I'm sure that makes complete sense...right?

For example.  My housemate rocks up this morning having bought a car, completely unexpectedly, as she's been looking for a car for a while.  Once I came home to have her explain that she had agreed to buy a car but that the owner asked for more money as there was a problem that needed to be fixed so the owner and buyer would "share" the cost.  This sounded my alarm bells: why would the seller need the buyer to contribute to repairs on a car that's not yet theirs?  So I told her my "easy" v "right" experience and she declined the offer to continue looking.

Anyway, fast-forwarding to today, apparently whilst on the forecourt of another car dealer looking to buy a brand new, expensive car, she looked on her phone at one of those advert websites...which in itself is odd because her phone is ridiculously temperamental with the internet.  There was a car, newly listed, that was everything she had been looking for.  On ringing the number she was told she could see it less than a hour.  So my housemate rang her mechanic friend who just happened to be free to accompany her to check it out and, voila, my housemate bought a car, for a good price, in good condition with all the features she wanted.  Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

Whilst house hunting I followed every lead I was given: from friends, the internet, agencies and sending emails left, right and centre.  I even spent three hours one morning ringing all the appropriate ads in the paper, a real test for my Italian.  I knocked and seeked everywhere possible (if anyone needs a list of house websites to help with their search I'm pretty "in-the-know").  I only saw three properties physically but that was because I knew what I wanted, and I believed it existed.  As soon as a property was "difficult", as in it had features that I couldn't negotiate on...i.e. price, space for my piano and a desk...it was discarded and I carried on.  Then, as if by magic, my colleague mentioned that she had seen an apartment that had been too small for her but really nice.  On checking it out I knew it was to be my new home as soon as the door was opened, it's better than I ever expected.

So there we go, I get to move just in time to enter my "I'm writing an essay so only talk to me if you don't mind being faced with a lot of incomprehensible gibberish in return" zone.  Oh how I love that zone...

Comments

Popular Posts