And so the stories...

...begin again.

Yes people, I moved, I am renting a flat for just little old me and right on cue weird stuff started happening, just to keep you entertained.  Let's start with the possessed piano...

Maybe it was angry, maybe it had been dropped, maybe it couldn't cope with the altitude of being on the 4th floor...eitherway my piano did something well weird.  And there are witnesses to prove it!  My friends and I (well my friends actually) had managed to carry all my stuff up the stairs.  I'd finished being given the tour of how to turn on heating appliances, and electric meters etc when I decided that I needed to set up my piano before heading out for a celebratory drink or two.

I turn the piano on, I hit a key, and I'm not kidding, it was like someone else had put their fist on the piano as a response.  This continued for quite a while.  Hit a key, attempt a little ditty and BAM chaos, sustained notes all over the place, crackling speakers, crazyness!  I was getting a bit frustrated, and a little bit freaked out at the thought of having acquired a "haunted" apartment when I went to the toilet, when a girls gotta go...

On my return to the piano and friends I was met with some smiles and a "I fixed it!".  And it was true.  Somehow one of my friends had magically fixed it!  Hooray, more brownie points to my two awesome, and probably still very tired, friends!!!

Moving on swiftly, a need to remember that the door to the bike shed/outhouse/cupboard thing has a very unstable door handle.  It came off in my hand the other day...with the other part only just about inside the door.  On trying to push the door handle in my hand back onto the square bar I managed to push the other door handle to nearly falling point.  Thankfully I resolved the problem by using my keys as some make shift tweezers to pull the square bar far enough out to get it with my fingers.  Phew.

Comments

Popular Posts