My School Christmas Party

I love my job.  I really do.  Especially at Christmas. 

Those of the teachers who are based in England will have probably endured one, or all of the following: Christmas Concert, Christmas Fair/Fete, Christmas Disco, Christmas Dinner, Christmas everything.  And congratulations, I'm onto the third Christmas without these things and I must say I still feel liberated!  Instead, this year I ran a Christmas workshop and then there was just the Christmas Party.  And let me tell you, I'm pretty certain there will never be one quite like it ever again.

Basically.  My colleague has an Uncle and this Uncle has a band.  A band?  Yep.  A band who played consistently for three hours and thirty minutes, and I really mean consistently.  We asked for a time out after about forty-five minutes as sixteen children running manically in circles was getting a bit much but, alas, the guy with the smaller accordion just didn't stop playing.

You are about to witness no ordinary "band", this is a traditional Abruzzese band.  In fact this band did my colleague's "serenade", i.e. the night before her wedding she discovered this band, and her husband to be, under her window with all her friends (with wine of course!).  Imagine discovering this lot under your window...or at your next Christmas Party for that matter!!!



N.B.:  I have had a discussion with both my colleague and my parents about how one of the gentleman (ironically my colleague's Uncle), has a rather "interesting" motion for playing...or more rubbing...his stick instrument.  It is quite immature how much I laughed!

To add some more Christmas hilarity, I have been Skyping my Mum whilst writing this post.  The "Christmas Missive" award this year, as in the award for the best summary letter included with a Christmas card, goes to my best friend, she included photos and everything!  However, we didn't receive a Christmas Missive from our other family friends this year, just a summary written inside the card, perhaps a downgrade in "friends" level, or a decision to not do the missive in the first place.  Oh, and my Mum's best friend get's the "card bigger than her face" award.  Apparently my Mum has never received a card as big as her face before.  Christmas Card friends, I think we have a new challenge for next Christmas!!!

Comments

Popular Posts