Strange Goings On...

...as I go about my daily business.

It's a patchy-cloud-but-sunny-enough-for-my-sunglasses kind of Friday.  I'm cycling to work with a toaster rattling away in my basket, all set to toast the English muffins for snack time with my class.  I've managed to rattle my way to the other side of the river, over the bridge, across a roundabout when...I spy with my little eye...is it a bird?  Is it a plane?  Is it a parachutist...?  Maybe...maybe not...erm...it's something beginning with "F"...goodness...it's a fish, a flying fish ladies and gentleman.  A fish - in the sky.  Not kidding.  It turned out to be a balloon.  If anyone reading this lost a fish balloon at around 12.45 Friday afternoon near Via Tiburtina in Pescara, it was heading towards the airport.

Then.  It's a patchy-cloud-but-sunny-enough-for-my-sunglasses kind of Friday.  I'm cycling to work with a toaster rattling away in my basket, I've just seen a flying fish when...I double check I'm not seeing something else ridiculous by removing my sunglasses..."That's weird."  I say out loud to the railway line to the right of me.  I put my sunglasses back on and flip them up and down over my eyes a few times whilst cycling.  There was definitely a rainbow in a cloud that I could only see when I had my sunglasses on AND it wasn't raining.  Mind boggling.

Moving on.  It's a patchy-cloud-but-sunny-enough-for-my-sunglasses kind of Friday.  I'm cycling to work with a toaster rattling away in my basket, I've just seen a flying fish and a rainbow that's only visible with sunglasses on when...I hear with my two ears...two things beginning with "H"...hint: by this time I'm really not far from the airport...

Helicopters.  Two.  Circling around the zone I work.  It reminded me a lot of when the Police spotter plane would be searching for someone in the woods near my house on the Island.  This time though one of the helicopters stopped.  Just hovered.  Hovering away for roughly 3 minutes.  It didn't budge and I got freaked out even more.

Thankfully I reached work not long after seeing the helicopters.  My colleague received a recount of all the strange happenings I'd seen in the sky which I'm sure she enjoyed.  I then proceeded to laugh my way through my lunch as I kept recalling the fish, the rainbow and the hovering helicopter.  We continue to this evening...

It's Saturday - 8pm.  I've been studying aaaaall day, immersed in educational theory and neuroscience, as you do.  I've been shouting at my computer for not being able to play DVD's and messing up the download of a DVD player...why Microsoft thought it was a good idea to make Windows 8 without a DVD player I don't want to know!  Anyway I'm in the foyer of a theatre waiting to be told to take my seat for a piano concert so I take the opportunity to read the programme notes.  As I start to read, I notice something that I find ridiculously peculiar, never-going-to-happen-again kind of thing.  The pianist is born on the same day, of the same month, of the same year as me.  FREAKY.  I waited at the end to tell her that too.  She thought I was a bit odd at first but then introduced me to her Mum stating the same thing...I felt a little bit like Joey on friends when he finds his hand twin, except without the singing.

And there we go.  Another random update as I bumble around between my various worlds.

Comments

Popular Posts