Anecdotes

If, like me, you've had one of those days where when someone asks "How are you?" your eyes glaze over then I thought I'd share some of my "short amusing or interesting stories about a real incident or person"...laughter is the best medicine and all that :-)

Anecdote number 1

It's Halloween, I am getting dressed, as a bat.  The taxi is waiting downstairs, my cousin and friend are ready.  I'm having a dilemma about what shoes to wear, ankle boots?  Heels?  Knee-length boots?...I go for the knee-length boots which gets me excited about being able to wear socks.  I unravel the socks, put them both on and then put my left boot on too.  But then...there's a sharp pain on my left foot, like there's cut glass in my shoe.  I assume that's what it is as not that long ago I did break a glass in my room.  So I take off the boot but spy a capsule shape in my sock...guessed what it is yet?...I take off the sock and...

...a wasp.

There was a wasp in my sock.  A wasp.  A WASP!

It was crushed with my trainer, mashed into the floor (tiled thankfully).  The taxi man didn't find the excuse for my lateness that funny, but I tried.

Anecdote number 2

Later that night I end up in a bar, still dressed as a bat.  My cousin and I are chatting separately from my friends and a bloke comes up to me.  Usual random conversation about how I am a bat...obviously...he continues chatting (only in Italian) and takes a shine to my cousin, proceeding to declare his love for her even though we clearly explained that she was married.  Next thing we know this guys friend is standing next to me, not just stroking my arm...but also the chest hair poking out of the top of his shirt...it didn't help that this chap looked just like Austin Powers.  I am not kidding.  He even had dribble down his shirt...niiiiice.

Anecdote number 3

I am cycling home from work. Halfway home I feel that my bicycle resembles a boneshaker, jarring away underneath me.  Marvellous.  A flat tyre.  I proceed to walk the rest of the way home singing away happily to my iPod.  I love making myself purposefully look crazy.  Especially as Fyfe Dangerfield, The Cat Empire and Biffy Clyro are not normally songs that people sing loudly to here.  If they sing loudly at all....

Comments

Popular Posts