...no offence intended

An article on Borracce di poesia has been written for the World Cycling Atlas, quite an important little article this one:


And yes it's in English, so yes, they are my translations of the awesome poems, in collaboration with Mr. Ricci of course ;-)

To continue on the bicycle theme I have been thinking a lot about the name of my new wheels.  As I stated I hope that I do not offend anyone in the following blog but I have made my decision.  There was a lot of deliberation and careful reflection involved, and discussions with many friends and family as to me this process is important.  Goodness knows what I'd be like if I ever have to choose the name of a real human being, I think I'd stick to Pickle ;-)

There were many suggestions so thank you to all of those who provided them.  In no particular order they were:

Legnano
Mercedes Pakes
Lancia Pakes
Audrey
Blu Scuro
Freccia Azzurra
Freccia
Bikey
Sofia
(and there was one from my colleague but I cannot remember it so it can't have been suitable, sorry!)

As it happens I've chosen to combine two of the suggestions above as I feel that they add to the nature of my work and my aspirations to  and that the bike is in fact, blue.  So, without further ado, I hereby announce that the name of my new, secondhand bicycle is....drumroll....

Bikey Blu

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Thank you, thank you, thank you *cough*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts