A nutshell

I don't contact my brother that often but when I do I always find it very entertaining...

Today.  It wasn't so much as a "Sunday Funday" but a "Sunday none-day".  I do love Sundays yes.  But lately they have calmed down a lot.  This might be due to my choice to become a bit more involved in my church because a) a bit more focus on God never hurt anyone...in fact the contrary does and b) it gives me less time to spend money and therefore save for my American adventure.

So this morning I went to church, came home, ate lunch, and then Skyped one of my good friends in America.  That was awesome.  Really awesome.  I love to know people are doing ok despite the struggles.  Oh, I also emailed a draft "itinerary" to my cousin for her pending trip to see me.  Very exciting.  Hmm...then I rang my American friend qho is in Pescara to see what she was up to.  Nothing.  She was doing nothing.  In fact when I turned up at her house there was a theme of "nothing" amongst her housemates...two of them were watching a documentary about timpani, the orchestral percussion.

So cue a trip to eat ice cream, people watching, or rather Italian watching, and a discussion about the finer things in life.  Turns out my friend doesn't have a theme song...just one for different moods.  However I favour Henry Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk" and have done since 2007.  It's easy to hum, or bumble, or bash out on the piano.  It's an uplifting number that slips easily into any activity and if you slow it down it can actually be quite melancholy, plus it can be repeated over, and over, and over...moving on...we did eat sushi, and dumplings, and fried things, and well...I ate a lot.  Unusual.

The disaster came when I returned home to discover I had lost my gloves.  However on checking the pockets of my coat I narrowed this statement down to "I have lost a glove.".  Luckily, thanks to my housemates suggestion, I decided to retrace my steps to find the glove.  I do love my gloves.  So when I found the glove on the pavement outside my house I couldn't Adam-and-Eve-it.  This was a momentous moment for me, my glove had returned!  My hands would once again treasure the warmth of the fleece lining and the smooth leather.  It made me a little sad to find my brother didn't share my excitement...

For some reason I always use the term "blud" when addressing my bro.  Urban Dictionary is a good reference for this 'endearing' expression...I am not Jamaican.

And that's all my news in a nutshell.  Cousin's coming to stay, Brother might come for a ski.  In the meantime I've got to practice the piano, study for my Masters, oh and teach children English. 


Comments

Popular Posts