Cycling without hands...

...any tips greatly appreciated ;-)

Lying in bed last night I heard the familiar sound of my friend the mosquito.  There have been two in my room for a few days now and they just don't seem to want to give up.  So.  I killed one of them.

In fact I was very cunning in the deed.  I used the light of my mobile phone to lure the winged fiend to the white part of the wall near my bed.  I then stayed very still and waited.  BAM.  My self defence/kick boxing/karate lessons have actually come in use for something.  I hit the wall so hard I'm certain my housemate, if she had been in, would have definitely woken up.  And the mosquito?  Splatted nicely.  I cleaned up the poor critter with a tissue and it's now in my bin.  Huzzah!  One down, one to go.  Mosquito numero due, you have been warned.

I move on to elaborate on my latest work in progress: cycling with no hands.  This task it seems, is impossible.  But I know, thanks to Luke 1:37, that I will achieve it and be able to cycle the length of the bridge that I often take to and from work without holding the handlebars.  It's ruddy hard and as yet I've not beaten 5 seconds so I am pretty far from the skills of the guy I saw cycling without his hands the other day: he took a tissue out of his backpack and blew his nose!  Incredible.

Comments

  1. I Absolutely loved the story of the assassination of the mosquito number one! It's a real blood curdling scary scary story but funny at the same time picturing yourself still in the dark waiting for her (or him?)
    Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts