Garlic seems to be....

...working in my fight against mosquitoes.

I went to a party the other night.  It was a particularly good party as the main ingredients for a party, except jelly, was there: friends, dancing, social hilarity, ice-cream (but no jelly as stated even though I have some Rowntrees jelly in my cupboard, doh!), a ruddy good cheesecake and grissinini, my new favourite party snack (and yes Italian speaking people I know the name is grissini but these were really thin breadsticks!) and everything a good party entails.  It was for two very good friends of mine and it was a party with a three-fold meaning: a 'moving out' party, a 'it was my birthday yesterday' party, and a 'it's my birthday in 2 days' party...a very clever ploy indeed.  Never mind killing two birds with one stone, but three!

Moving on swiftly...at this party another friend of mine was bitten by mosquitoes pretty badly.  In fact so badly one could've mistaken the bites as being from a vampire mosquito, or of a jungle boy's dart shooter, or something similar found only in the Amazon...I then proceeded to babble on about garlic, poor friend.

At least five times a week, with my breakfast, I've eaten a clove of garlic chopped up like I explained here.  Currently I have three mosquito bites, two of which are from two weeks ago (I scratched them pretty badly *tut* *tut*) and one from last night.  This is a very different story to what was occurring to me last year when my legs were constantly covered in bites.  The fact that I did not get bitten by the vampire mosquito/jungle dart at the party suggests that I'm doing something right and as the garlic is really the only thing I've changed I'm not going to stop dicing and swallowing a clove every morning now.

And of course, as my housemate said, garlic can also act as a "man repellent" therefore eating garlic every morning is two-fold: it's beating the mosquitoes and helping me with my 'no dating til 22nd December 2013' promise at the same time!  Hooray for 'multi-fold' events like parties and garlic.

Comments

Popular Posts