Moments

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now but stuff kept getting in the way, mainly things on my Resolutions and Ongoing Goals.

The past month has been busy.  I've been to England twice and visited Naples, Pompei and Sorrento.  I've completed the first of five essays for my Masters module and I've still managed to attend Italian School and piano lessons.  Whilst all these things rolled on to the next something struck me: there are tiny little moments that happen that often have big repercussions:

The moment your trousers get caught in the gear of your bicycle just as you pull out of a junction...

The moment you realise you're on the wrong train, and have been for 40 minutes...

The moment hunger strikes after being so consumed by working you just forgot to eat...

The moment of realisation that a friend has actually 'left'...

...and so on and so forth.

It turns out Masters level studying is NOT like riding a bicycle.  In fact, the anguish and torment that I've gone through over the past week to the point I reached today, of submitting my essay, resembled that of my skiing experiences last year...getting up and falling back down!

If anything it's been these little moments that have kept me going; seeing these snippets of time as welcome distractions to the bigger things.  I may be too hard on my self, and set my self high expectations but...in my experience...it's normally paid off.

Comments

  1. It is so hard to get stuck into the next level of study, and to keep normal life going in between! Hurrah for completing the first major hurdle! Every time I read your blog, I want to visit Italy! Rome is near the top of my To Do list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be welcome any time :-) Rome is definitely closer to me than it is to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts