I hate Stephen J Ball

After a few weeks, I've decided it should be time to blog something interesting...except I can't think of anything in particular.


As has happened to me for 90% of my time in Pescara, I find myself skint.  This has nothing to do with my lack of income but due to my determination to always spend everything.  €200 on a new phone, €150 on flights to London (just to indulge in a whimsical adventure, and see my Mum!) and bam! that's that.  The rest has been frazzled by the likes of eating out, and phone-calls abroad and boring things that I could definitely live without.

Then we get to the subject of "the Masters", and not the golfing kind.  I really don't understand any of it at the moment.  Literally nothing.  It's all about Educational Research and the theories behind it, and lots of high-tea language that the Queen probably wouldn't understand.  Who uses the word "adumbrated" when "mentioned" is just as good?  Honestly, Stephen J Ball, did you eat a thesaurus or do you bore yourself as much as me so you use big words to give an illusion of being interesting?  Give me strength.  I mean.  I've got to get used to the format of "online studying", that's a-given...there's no lecture breaks for a cup of tea and a bar of Divine fairtrade chocolate...because there's no lectures.  Plus my computer is refusing to play the sound on the online conferencing programme the OU uses, and for no apparent reason.  Seriously.  It's like everything is against me even beginning the Masters, let alone completing it.  But there we go, such is life, and all that jazz.

On the plus side, I got a pat on the back by my Piano Teacher.  The week I actually practiced, paid off and I'm gradually unlearning the bad techniques I developed when I didn't have a teacher/mentor to help me out.  It was such a shame that I didn't practice the following week....oh well.  Ebbs and flows.

And so, since the last blog update I've been busy, but it's been the kind of busy that when I look back, it's not really busy at all.  Italian School, piano lessons, going to the gym, meeting friends, going to London, studying (or not studying) for my Masters.  Nothing that concrete.  Just stuff.  Because, in comparison to the recent death of a very amazing relative whom I loved very much, all this stuff, is just stuff.

Life sucks sometimes.

Ramble done.  It's time to get dressed, as much as I think the children would love it if I turned up to school in my pyjama's, the train to school might not be so entertaining...for me at least!

Comments

Popular Posts