The 1st storm

So I moved house in June and have been here for 3 months.

What's amazing is that early this morning there was a storm. I had left my door opened but shutter closed so I did get woken up however once I closed the door I realised just how different it is to live in a loft to a "normal" room. In my other house the rain pelted down a mere metre from my head so it was very loud (and I really do mean loud). The terrace skylight would have echoed everywhere and made the smallest shower sound like hail stones. Last night, Once I'd closed the door, I just heard the rain falling onto the petrol station's roof and the road. It was a low, muffled sound and quite easy to fall back to sleep to. Genius! All I have to do next time is remember to close the door in the first place and, ta-da, an easier night's sleep.

Fingers crossed :-D

Comments

  1. Hi there,

    My partner and I have also recently moved to Abruzzo! We moved here in May.
    We love it, even though there are challenges involved, for example learning a new language, setting up a business and making new friends! How you finding it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry it's taken a while to reply, internet access for me at the moment is a bit intermittent. I'm really enjoying everything that my life in Pescara brings and I love Abruzzo, it's beautiful. Where in Abruzzo have you moved to?

      Delete
  2. I thoroughly understand this! I moved about two months ago and there was a huge rave outside our area last night. I began thinking grumpy, middle-aged thoughts and shut the window as a matter of course - only to realise that we have double-glazing! As good as silence! Heavenly days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts