As the rain beats down...

...I thought I'd take the opportunity to re-do my nails. Oh yeh, and quickly blog some funny encounters of recent note.

1) I'm standing in the kitchen washing up. It's late morning and my housemate and I have been mooching around doing our own thing. Suddenly (in Italian) my housemate says "How much do you weigh?". It takes me a while to process.  I understood the question but it was completely out of context!  After telling her she replies "What time do you start work?" Erm. Again, really?!
Turns out she needed help trying out matresses...

2) I don't often blog about work but today one of my 4-year-olds advised me not to scratch my mosquito bites...in English. "Don't do this..." *models scratching leg* "...not good.". I just wish I could follow such good advice!

3) The other evening I discovered: the Italian version of the late-night kebab (most of which ended up down my front), that my bicycle is not Italian and that the man who fixes clocks is a little bit...odd...!

Comments

Popular Posts