Gloria II

I'd been waiting for this day for a long time, it's been looming over my head. In fact, a weight was lifted from my shoulders when it did happen, although it's now been replaced with a large elephant instead...my bike disappeared, literally vanished without a trace.

Some would say stolen but I know the reason is that: once a month a bicycle in my area gets chosen as an offering to the bicycle god in order to save the other bicycles. The offering is made by the chief chav to the local gelateria who makes it into ice-cream.

Now I have Gloria II, a different breed of bicycle; she's light blue, slightly less shiny and has gears. Yes my followers, I now ride a bike with gears.  I feel like I've been given an upgrade much like a 13 year-old.  I have a ridiculously small lock that the bike man reckons is better than my last one, I don't.  But there we go.

When an offering has to be made to the bicycle god, any bike can get chosen, locked or not (especially when you live in a ghetto like mine).

Comments

Popular Posts