Charlie's Chicks

I wrote this post ages ago but on my iPod and only today did I remember!!!

Friday 8th June, 18:45 I'm Skype-ing the parents in Santa Fe, saying Happy Birthday to the mother. 19:25 I see two buses that I could've taken drive past the bus stop before I get there. 21:30 I'm facebooking Mrs. C to tell her I thnk there's a delay to the flight. 22:00 I'm in the air by means of a Ryanair flight to Stansted. That's the end of Italian time for the weekend, I remembered to change all my time telling devices this time!

Whilst I was queuing for an escalator to Passport Control in Stansted airport, a rather ridiculous scenario begins for Mrs. C as she attempted to park the car. I won't bore you with the details but once I'd made it through the UK border I found Mrs. C arguing with a car park attendent. Anyway, she drove me to her latest house where we ate cake, drank tea and chatted (with the Mr. C too) for an hour or so before going to sleep.

Arranging to wake at 08:00 to be ready to leave at 09:00 sounded like a good idea at 02:00 in the morning but when we woke up at 08:45 we realised that maybe an underestimation of how tired we were had been made. Thankfully the "late" get up didn't put any delays to my day and we even had time for the bacon sarnies and warm pain au ciocolait as special breakfast treats. Yummy!

I arrived in Clapham Junction at midday all set for the planned activities that the Hen knew nothing about. All was going well, I ate a Twix McFlurry and then went for a snoop around a charity shop as I had arrived before the other four girls. At the appointed time I went to the Peacock bar where we had booked an afternoon tea and cupcake decorating session...or so we thought. Turns out there'd been a mix up with our booking, or rather the people organising the events didn't have our booking!! Thankfully they offered us a complimentary afternoon tea with 2 glasses of wine each as an apology, which we gladly accepted!! It was actually ruddy marvellous food, freshly made and, for me, a very English lunch.

Next stop was the Head bridesmaid's house to get changed. At this point I got to try on the bridesmaid dress for the wedding, for me the highlight of the weekend as it is stunning. Beautiful, I am a very lucky bridesmaid. And so, I ended up running to a dress alteration shop to have it modified after weighing up the options of transporting the dress to and from Italy versus leaving it in England. Hopefully the headbridesmaid has now for it at her house and it's not been destroyed by the seamstress....

...back to the Hen Party. We went Salsa dancing. It was amazing! So much randomness. I genuinely loved it and hopefully I'll get the chance to do it again one day. Who knows when!

Dinner was at the same place as the Salsa and I had Chimichanga, oh so yummy, my first mexican style food for 2012, which is annoying when it is one of my top 3 favourite things to eat (the other 2 being Sausages and Mash with gravy or Fish Pie...) oh how I miss the variety of food avaliable in England.

Now after the public transport route back from the dinner we entered full Hen Party force. Donning our matching pyjama's brilliantly decorated by the head bridesmaid, we watched the hen be put through her paces Mr. and Mrs. Styleeee. A video of the Groom to be had been recorded in which he answered random questions regarding himself and the bride-to-be. If their answers were different then she had to drink and if she matched his answer the "hens" had to drink. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a range of emotions in one hour.

In the morning we had a fantastic spread for brekkie consisting of so much I didn't know what to eat, so I ate it all. I love food!!

After breakfast I left the company of Charlie's Chicks and met a friend in Liverpool St where we went to the Giraffe restaurant in Spitalfields market for lunch. At this point all the travelling and excitement of the weekend caught up with me in the form of a cold and I felt r-u-b-bish so I wasn't the best company. However it was great to see my friend and catch up on the gossip of a newbie to London...

And that's that, back to Stansted, through check-in and...BAM...Pescara.
(The bonus of the flight back was purchasing some shoes ideal...I hope...for the wedding. If they turn out to be the wrong colour I love them enough to keep them and happily buy another pair!)




Yummy Tea
The lovely Hen
Bubbly!
Scones, Jam and Cream... more yummyness!
CUCUMBER SANDWICHES!
London, Baby!

Comments

Popular Posts