My life on paper...

...is exactly the same as it was one month ago, I live and work in Pescara.  However my day-to-day life has morphed into something else.

There have been two big changes recently, to my day-to-day existence; one at work and one at home.

Work.  I am still teaching English to the same 3-5 year olds, except now the school...is on the beach!!!  How awesome is that?!  So for 5 hours a day, I make sandcastles, dig holes, recount fairy-tales and generally play with my class on the beach (yesterday I taught six children how to play Uno in English, a great success!).  We get to go and play in the sea as well, and then to end the day we get to play on the park, I am officially 7 years-old, or there abouts.  Now, my job is definitely one of the coolest things to be doing in the heat (in both senses of the word) as the temperature is generally in the mid-high 30's in the day.  It does mean I have to a) apply 50+ sun cream every day because I really don't want to get skin cancer by the age of 30....b) arrange my "beachwear" in such a way that I don't wear the same type of top so that come August 11th (when I am a bridesmaid wearing a strapless dress) I won't have ridiculous strap marks....

Home.  I moved house about three weeks ago (see here) and since then I still haven't managed to save enough energy for the stairs when I cycle home.  Every time I get "home", I lock up my bike with that happy feeling of being home.  Then, I open the door into my building and...BAM...I realise there are 6 flights of stairs between me and the cold drink in the fridge.  I'm longing for the day when I can gallop up the stairs in 3 seconds flat.....ugh.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts