My life in six paragraphs

Whilst talking to friends this weekend I realised I've not blogged for a while and that I know there are some people back home who actually like to know what's going on so...

I'm searching for a new apartment as my current contract expires at the end of May and there isn't the option to renew it.  This means I have to down-size due to the housemate leaving.  I did not know so many words existed in Italian for "rooms": locali, camere, stanze, vani.  It does get a bit confusing at times.  I've viewed a few places but the problem seems to be the timing.  I still have two months on my current contract and a lot of the places I've looked at are available now.

I've had my Credit Transfer application accepted by the Open University.  Now I've got to look at the modules they have to offer and choose only two (instead of three if I didn't have previous credits) to study in order to gain a Masters in Education.

At the moment I am having piano lessons with an inspirational lady who really is very good at playing the piano AND she has somehow managed to get me to like a piece by Bach in only two lessons.  This truly is an accomplishment as I have never been one of his biggest fans, Grandfather of Classical music or not.

Hmm....what else.  Erm.  I've got a huge crush on ice-cream, literally compare all the different Gelataria's with each other.  My current fav's are the coconut ice-cream from Dolce Bio in the centre of town then there's the Snickers ice-cream in Goloso just along from the Tribunale and some pretty impressive Cream and Nutella in a place in Silvi.  But the hunt continues for the best all-round gelataria.

Finally I was a bit shocked on Sunday, Palm Sunday, when at church the whole of the events of Holy Week was read out.  This made me slightly confused.  I have no recollection of that ever happening in the previous Palm Sunday services I've attended every year since I was five.  But then again, in those churches, six pages of readings in English wouldn't have phased me quite as much as it did in Italian.  And quite possibly it may be one of the many differences between the Church of England and Catholism.  If there is anything that would be the cherry on the top of the big-iced-cake of a life I'm making here, it would be an Anglican church.  However I moved to completely the wrong country for that to ever happen.

Oh yeh...my Italian is just as shoddy as it was before.  But now I am attending Italian classes which make a slight improvement...when I go.

And for now, that is all.

Comments

Popular Posts