My 100th Post

This post is dedicated to my parents who celebrate their wedding anniversary today.


I managed to wake up at 12.40pm so I couldn't text my best wishes to my parents this morning, but it was one of the first things I did whilst eating breakfast/brunch/lunch, whatever it was.  It turns out the 25th April is not only my parents wedding anniversary, a family friends birthday (Happy Birthday Jill...again!) but also Liberation Day in Italy, so a bank holiday, hence the late get-up.  Here follows the text exchange I had with my parents, all punctuation is as written in the texts.

Mum

Me   :  Happy Anniversary Mummy!  Hope today is a good day!  Speak soon.  Your no.1 daughter x
Mum:  Thanks

Dad 


Me   :  Happy Anniversary!  Hope you have a good day Daddy.  Your favourite daughter x
Dad  :  Thanks. The fence has just blown down at grahams next door and its raining Çats and dogs. So far 
            so good . Dad
Me   :  Ah.  erm. A day like no other then!
Dad  :  As it says in the mcain fluffy potato advert. Its all good.

Sometimes I miss my parents a lot!

And just in case you're as confused about which advert my Dad was referring to, I think it's this one...


...or maybe this one......


....but only the father himself can confirm which 'ad' he was meaning...after all "It's all good." is McCain's motto.

Comments

  1. Dad was a bit mistified that you quoted him! Sorry I didn't reply a bit more, I need to realise that it costs as much to send one word as many more! Happy house hunting, speak soon, love mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts