I am not on holiday.

I repeat, I am not on holiday.

I've realised something today.  I am not on Holiday.  This is not a "gap" year.  Nor is it an extended sabbatical.  This place, what I'm doing here, is actually my life.  I live here.  In a parallel universe to the place and the country I used to live and I need to adjust my outlook/perspective, whatever, to deal with the fact that I live in Pescara. Maybe I should change my blog title to...Pakes lives Pescara....

Whilst speaking to my Mum earlier on Skype, I was moaning about my money problems i.e. lack of it, and there's only really one reason why this exists.  It's because for the past 7 and a half months I've had the outlook of a tourist.  Exploring the area, travelling to places I never knew existed, and the clincher that's "broken my bank balance" I've been eating out at least 3 times a week, sometimes a lot more.  Recently there was a ten day stint where I didn't eat dinner at my house once.   

To conclude...I do not need to eat out all the time.  If I stop eating out so much, I will start saving money.  I am going to be here for a while so there is no need to eat in every single, ristorante, trattoria, gelataria, pizzeria etc etc NOW.  I can moderate it, I can....

And that's that.

Laura lives in Pescara.  FACT.

Comments

Popular Posts