difficile

...6 months in.

Six months.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this.  Not been the best of days for reflecting on my time here.  Not when everything I seem to be thinking or writing, or even saying, is a negative.

Anyway.  I'll power on.  I'll put the negativity to the fact the parents came, and went.  I then rejoiced (or rather grieved) their departure by drinking a little bit too much...so much so that I had a hangover for 2 days.  When did I EVER get a hangover for TWO days.  *deep breath, shakes head*...and after only five beers, what is that about?!

Then there's also the healthy "lets fit those trousers" regime.  Slightly un-nerving!  Counting calories, monitoring heart rate during exercise, water quantity upped, and yet I've got a stinking cold, blocked nose and feel crap.  Something's amiss.  Am I not supposed to be feeling healthier?!

Oh, and add to that the fact that even after 5 months of working with the same children everyday...it still takes me 20 minutes...yes 20 minutes...to get 75% of them into a line to walk sensibly to the bathroom to wash their hands.  Any suggestions on how this can be achieved in half this time would be much appreciated!

However.....

...problems get resolved, challenges will be overcome and six months from now...I'll still be living in Italy (although, to be precise, in six months time I'll be bumbling around England for three weeks on "holiday").

Mark my words: Pescara will NOT get the better of me.  Ah, now that is a more positive use of the word not.

Comments

Popular Posts