Bridget Jones...

...is who I have become overnight.

There's me setting goals and resolutions in January (see side bar links) and thinking "Yep, that's done."  Little did I know that people actually read the darn thing.  Now, starting today, I've embarked on a lifestyle change that should help me achieve ongoing goal a) "On June 30th 2012 wear my pair of Oneill trousers in public."

Last night a friend appeared with various measuring tools in tow, tape measures, scales for me, scales for food, quite intimidating really.  There's now been a basic plan established of how I am going to achieve my target weight of 60.5kg, the friend's intention...or 63kg, which is my plan (10 stone for those English readers!).  I am to achieve this by literally "counting the calories" and ensuring I exercise everyday to burn off the calorie intake with the current plan for the exercise to be more than the calories I am consuming to burn off all that excess fat that's having a fine time chilling out on my body.

Eek.

Wednesday mornings I now have to weigh myself and write down all the numbers the scales spits out at me.  There are more acronyms on that thing than in a Primary Teachers diary; KG, BF, BMW, BMR, M.  Not to mention TDEE and lots of other things that I fear will be chanted at me over the course of the next few days/weeks/months, depending on how long I actually manage to stick to this lifestyle change.

One quote comes to mind that was said in the film Serendipity that I watched last night.  In fact it's apparently credited to a dude called Epictetus, a Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135. 


“If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.”



...at least I don't smoke.

This post is linked to No Ordinary Blog Hop.

Comments

  1. I admire your resolution and your dedication. Stick to it, you won't regret it. I lost 30 pounds before the birth of my first child and have felt so much better for it. It was not easy, but I have never regretted the sacrifice and hard work that it took. Persevere! You can do it! Thanks for sharing and for linking up with NOBH. Smiles -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts