I'm not entirely sure I agree...

Have leisurely meals

If there’s one instance where being lazy is an advantage, it’s when eating your meals. Taking long, leisurely meals – as opposed to eating on the run or multi-tasking – is a great way to look after your digestive system and also help you lose weight. By eating more slowly and focusing on your food, you will enjoy and savour it more and cut the risk of overeating. Also, as it takes 20 minutes for your body to register the feeling of being full, by eating more slowly you will feel full after less. (http://www.realbuzz.com/articles/10-health-tips-for-lazy-people/#pagination-top)

Hmm...on Monday I went out with friends to eat food.  I think the antipasti eventually came at 10pm and the sweet wine came just before midnight so the whole dinner took 2 hours to complete.  Not that bad compared to the other dinners I've been to here.  This meant that there was at least 20 minutes before each course* for my body to tell me it was full.  It didn't.  Not once.  In fact it took me back to the days when Grandma Pakes would tell me that I had "hollow legs". 

I seem to have become someone renowned for never being full.  Which isn't technically true.  I do feel full.....just after eating a lot!

*I am yet to understand the completely the use of "course" within an Italian dinner.  I know that the typical Italian feast goes: Antipasti, Primo, Secondo, Dolce but within each of these "courses" there are in fact courses.  Often I find that I have no idea if the food in front of me is the Primo or just an extension of the Antipasti.  Ultimately it doesn't really matter but on the rare occasion I do not feel hungry, I like to be able to judge how much of one course I can eat to leave "room" for the next.  I do try to be polite....

Comments

  1. Having a leisurely meal, for me, is standing by the sink until I finish, rather than scooping said food off the plate and carrying it with as I move towards the day's next venture. I think I need lessons. Courses? Class? Thank you for linking up on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts