Che successo?

Che successo? (What happened?) is haunting me....

Through my daily interactions with children at work I often have to ask "What's happened?", like all teachers around the world.  However, when you don't speak the same language as the children it makes life a bit trickier to attain an answer.  Imagine...two children crying, one walking off.  I come over "What's happened?".  I am faced with a fast, snot drive, bawl from both children.  Hmmm....I repeat the question.  Yep, still unrecognisable words.

Da, da-da, da, da-da, daaaaaa (a fanfare) as my amazing teaching assistant comes to my rescue.  She can speak Italian and English, I call it cheating.  "Help me!".  And here it comes...."Che successo?" (pronounced k-e soo-ch-e-so, or thereabouts!)  Within seconds the problem is resolved and off the children trot.  One day I will be able to decipher the code of one worded Italian noises all-by-my-self.

And so...I move on to another time where I exclaimed "what happened?!"


I was given a quick recipe for Dauphinoise Potatoes by my Mum, via Skype.  What good that was when I didn't actually follow the darn thing I don't know!  Next time I will definitely follow the recipe so I remember the stock and use a lower temperature.  I'm not really a fan of having to carefully chip through a black cloud of burnt milk to reach my potatoes and carrots.  Thankfully it tasted alright.

Finally.  I leave you with this question:
Where have I been?

What happened to this Christmas card between the 16th of December 2011, when it was franked in the Portsmouth sorting office, and today, when I received it in the post?  Where has it been for twenty-four days? Any guesses?  (The advent calender card from my Mum is still to arrive, and a birthday card from my bro.)

Comments

Popular Posts