Dancing on tables, flipping beer mats and mysterious envelopes

Random week!

Thursday night I find myself in a nightclub.  My first experience of being in an Italian nightclub.  It was the opening night of one of the clubs on the seafront for it's Winter season (basically Christmas and New Year!).  As the evening went on it got very odd.  At first it was just a normal dinner: music playing in the background as we were eating our antipasti (starter).  Then...everyone's dancing, behind their chairs.  Crazy.  Everyone's swinging napkins around their heads to the equivalent "cheesy music" of Italy.  Why swinging napkins around is the style I have no idea!  Then during the Primo (pasta dish), there's a catwalk of accessories and clothing from a boutique in the centre.  RANDOM!  Followed by more dancing, when yes, I danced on the chairs and the table.  All before the Secondo (meat dish).  We finally ate dessert (Tiramisu of course) at midnight.....

Saturday night I met up with an American friend.  We went to a few bars in the "old town" of Pescara before ending up in a bar which my friend frequents often as she knows the owner.  This bar was definitely a "home from home".  People were playing board games - yes, board games - including Trivial Pursuit and Labyrinth, and there was even Connect 4 and Scrabble.  Plus a birra bionda grande (a big lager) was served in an actual pint glass, well half litre glass shaped the same as a pint glass!  So this place is definitely somewhere I'm heading back to in the future.  Especially now I've introduced my new friends to the skill of flipping beer mats off the edge of the table!

And now...I've just returned from the 11.30am service at Church where I was handed an envelope with the words Per te Giovane (for the young) on the front.  The Priest told me to open it at home.  So here I am....

Comments

  1. I can't believe you got to dance on a table! At some point in life I want to dance on a bar, without being a slut. It's one of my greater ambitions. Sounds like an amazing night out, but small in comparison to the discovery of a bar that has conntect 4!! Happy days indeed!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts