New...


...shoes, gloves AND pyjamas, hooray! 
So yesterday I went to Bata (please see previous post here) and I managed to not only buy a new pair of lovely leather heeled black shoes suitable for all smart occasions SIZE 42, I also purchased a pair of black leather gloves which are going to keep my fingers toastier than my €2 fleece pair, or my €5 knitted pair, both of which showed signs of wear after a week.  I have also got a pair of calf boots on order that will mean I will be able to wear dresses/skirts/tights/leggings once more instead of trousers and trainers all the time!  I am excited as I normally have ankle boots for the Winter season, not these beauts!






Yay!  Shoes in a size 42.  And they are made in Italy.  Who would've thought!

And today has been an equally productive day with my friend.  We not only managed to buy her a new, shiny, crimson bicycle with a basket, lights, and a lock; get some keys cut so she keep her bike secure at her house; we also found a sleepwear shop that actually has brushed-cotton pyjama's.  Now, they might not sound very warm to you, but for me I have actually been dreaming about my two pairs of brushed-cotton pyjama's that are in England awaiting me to collect them.  Oh...how I longed for their softness and warmth.  So now I have in fact got a brand new set, which are equally wonderful and comfy.

Please.  Do not underestimate brushed-cotton pyjama's.

Oh yeh....one more thing.  I tried on a damned puffer jacket (click here to see why I hate them) and I actually didn't look that ridiculous.  But, I'm still not 100% on the idea.  I've looked at a few temperature charts for the average temperatures in each month for London and Pescara and London does seem to be, in general, a few degrees cooler so I'm just going to see how it goes.  I was able to survive the cold in London (just about!) so I'm going to do the same here.  Heatings off, I've got my pj's and a blanket and 2 electric heaters; one upstairs, one down.  Let's keep the gas bill down!*

*I know I could move into the downstairs room as it would be a lot easier to keep it warm and keep the heating costs down.  But the thing is I actually don't want to live in the downstairs room.  I have stood in it many times and I don't like it, simple as that. So please, none of you "smart alec's" who think they have a solution go suggesting I should move into the smaller room.  I like my room and that is that.  I will live with the cold consequences.

Comments

Popular Posts