Bro's, Mo's and...

...Bata big!

So...on Wednesday the second favourite, my younger brother, is flying over here to visit.  I'm very excited and have a laid back but also packed itinerary planned tailored to his requirements (i.e. "I want to see the Colosseum.").  I've even booked a night at a hotel in Rome that's apparently 500m from the Colosseum just to make sure he doesn't miss it.  Of course, this should make all my friends think "Hey, it must be pretty easy to visit Laura if her brother's going there so soon." and make them all book their flights out here!

And I move onto the Mo's... It's Movember and I just want to promote my two bestest friends who have embarked on a Mo-journey.  For those of you not in the Mo, Movember's aim is to: "...raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men." (find out more here: http://uk.movember.com/about/)

The Hubby C has decided to grow a mo, and poor Wifey C and their delicious daughter T-cake have to live with the astonishing consequence!  Take a look here, or just give a little cheer for do good-ers like the Charlton's.  (Honestly, I saw "the Mo" live on Skype tonight and Wifey C and T-cake are the ones who should be sponsored for having to avoid kisses from a whiskery Hubby C!)

And finally I sign off with the news that Bata has a range of footwear catering for ladies with size 41-43 feet: "Bata Big".

The absurdity of my shoe size to Italians was confirmed Monday night when I went bowling.  The guy at the counter giving out the bowling shoes was shocked when I announced "42" and handed me a pair of guys shoes.  Yes, people of Pescara, girls who aren't the average height of an Italian woman...163 cm or 5'4" according to http://wiki.answers.com...would look pretty silly walking around on size 37 feet.  So an objective for tomorrow is to investigate whether the Bata shop in town stock this range of footwear.  However I fear the brilliance is a "website only" commodity.

Comments

  1. ahahahaha! Turns out the average height for an English woman is 164.7cm or 5'4.4". Turns out I'm a giant in every continent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Hubby C directed me over here (he's very proud to be recognised in your blog). We met at Wifey C's hen party (and subsequent wedding). I just like stalking people a bit, so I've added you on friend connect. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts