Sunday's are bliss.

I have always loved Sunday's a little bit.  And today was a good day.

I woke up at 8.00, got up at 8.10 and left the house at 8.20.  At 8.29 I sat down in church.

A revelation happened today, sometimes I could understand a few words of what the Priest said.  Now this is not (unfortunately) due to my sudden heightened knowledge of Italian but actually due to a change in Priest.  I think the 8.30 service has a different Priest to the 11.30 and 18.30 services.  We shall have to wait a fortnight to find out if this is a truth or whether the normal Priest was just...off (I am not in Pescara next weekend.).

After church I came home, had breakfast and then decided to sweep and mop the balcony and got so into it I mopped the kitchen/lounge/diner as well.  Following this I played Angry Birds on my ipod with no guilty conscience as it was a reward for being such an industrious little worker on a Sunday!  Then I decided to eat some cake, yum, yum, yum. (Click here to see yesterday's example of the cake.)

The next thing I did was play my guitar.  For about an hour, maybe more.  Pretty impressive.  It has been 44 days since I played a piano. Sad times.  But it has meant that my guitar skills have improved an *ickle* bit.  I have developed a greater knowledge of bar chords, for example, although I am yet to perfect the art of playing them without the buzz.  This is my latest aim, amongst other things including playing "A Minor Incident" by Badly Drawn Boy so that it is recognisable.

After my guitar session I rewarded myself with some more Angry Birds.  I love it!

Hmm...next.  Ah yes, lunch.  Just a salad of green vegetables - lettuce, cucumber, celery - but I did add a boiled egg and beetroot for some colour.  Of course this was followed by a piece of cake.

Right.  We've got to the part of the day where I surprised myself.  I turned a dress that was given to me by Eva into......an apron.  Yep.  Aren't I clever!  It took a while but I have now got an apron.  This idea popped into my head yesterday when I got a little bit covered in cake mixture whilst baking my cake and all I could hear in my head was my Dad saying: "Put an apron on otherwise you'll get food all down your dress."  Obviously, at the time of making that cake I did not own an apron so I did get a splattering of cake ingredients down my dress but the next time I make a cake, ingredients be warned, I now have an apron!

Oh yeh...I made the apron whilst sitting in the glorious sunshine.  It was sooo hot.  This was between 14.00 and 16.00 so the hottest part of the day.  And I was listening to music on my ipod.  "Shuffle" is amazing.  Who would choose to listen to Meatloaf, followed by James Blunt, followed by Dave Matthews Band, followed by Frank Sinatra, really?!  Fantastic!

Ok, we're onto the last few bits of my day.  (If you have managed to read this much of today's blog I don't know why...seriously).

Guess what I played on my ipod....Angry Birds?  Nope.  Cross Fingers.  Ha!  I do play other games!  I quite like it, very addictive. Anyway this led me to think I should probably leave the house to stop me wittering the remainder of Sunday on my ipod so I went for a bike ride.  A leisurely pootle along the seafront I thought.  Oh No!  The crowds of Pescara told me otherwise.  Yes.  Crowds!  Hundreds of people all in the centre of Pescara.  Ridiculous.  Some sort of...I don't know what.  I saw one stage that was advertising "Protect the Animals", a tent that had "Festa Dei Nonni" on it (Festival of Grandparents) and all sorts of stuff.

Anyway.  Cycled along to the footbridge at the marina and back.  Far too many people to embarass myself trying to cycle over the footbridge as my new bike, yes, MY NEW BIKE, has only got one gear, but I love her.  She is called Gloria.  At the moment her lights aren't working because the dynamo is being pedantic but apart from that she is awesome.  Mainly because she is mine.  She is the third bike I have used since being here, the previous two being on loan from different work people.  The second bike I had was just too good really.  If I'd gone from the first bike to Gloria then Gloria would be the "best thing since sliced bread".  If I break this bike, or scratch this bike, it's mine so I only have myself to write the "Sorry" card to.

So after returning from my quick cycle along the seafront I had dinner (an omelette, so yes, I've eaten three eggs today), skyped my Mum, Dad and Grandma (whilst eating cake slice number three) and skyped my brother.

Phew!  That just leaves me to add a photograph of the brilliant, the shiny, the silver and white......Gloria!

This photograph was taken in the dark but please note the HUGE chain.  No-one is going to steal my Gloria (or at least if they do they will need a ruddy big pair of steel cutters to actually make her move on two wheels).

Comments

Popular Posts