The problem with wine...

...is that I can't open it!

(1)  The first bottle of wine I opened since living on my own I managed to break-up the first half of the cork, with the corkscrew, pushing it INTO the bottle.  However, I did manage to get the cork out after quite a battle.

(2)  When opening the second bottle of wine - a week later, I'm not turning into an alcoholic just yet - I jammed my thumb into the ridges whilst levering the cork out and proceeded to feel faint for twenty minutes as I had cut my thumb quite badly.  I still have only half a "thumbprint".  So that corkscrew was thrown in the bin.

(3)  I rummaged in the "inherited-utensils" drawer - the next week - to find a different style of corkscrew; one waiters tend to use.  So I attempted to use it and lo and behold...I put the corkscrew bit into the cork at completely the wrong angle and spent a good five minutes trying to get it out.  Of course I did succeed but it took a while!

(4)  So using the "new" corkscrew yesterday I thought, "Hey, I now know not to do it like that so I'll try again."  Yep.  Managed to *scrunch* a piece of glass off the top of the bottle whilst getting the cork out so, although it was a much more fluid transition from the cork being in the bottle to being out, it was quite dangerous as a shard of glass flew off.

I hope to purchase a safe, Laura friendly, corkscrew tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Laura may I suggest that you stick to screw top bottles of wine in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts