Friday 14th October 2011

I am feeling rather hungover right now.  In fact my brain is so fuzzy, and my fingers typing half the speed they usually do, that I'm not sure this blog will be a good read.  But, yesterday was...random!

The day started when.....I woke up.  7:30.  On a work day?  "That's ridiculous Laura" I hear you gasp....  However, I needed to go to the bank before registering for healthcare and I had left my bike at work because there had been a storm the previous evening. All was going well, I was on the 8:30 bus and we were sitting at some traffic lights when a lorry/truck (well a vehicle bigger than a car) drove into the back of the bus.  Of course!  I managed to find the next bus stop by following the students who had been on the same bus and and got on the next bus!

After getting to the bank I was then taken to get registered for a doctor.  Thankfully this did happen and I'm very glad I had help doing this as I did not have a clue about what was going on (thank you Stefania!).  But in order to get to the point where we are waiting for a phone-call to confirm it's been sorted I had to get all my proof that I am living here; contracts, wage slips etc and show it to a woman in an office (the third person I had been directed to!).  She basically photocopied them and then filled in my details onto a form.  Initially she wrote out the "official" document with my first name as AURA.  If I hadn't noticed then I would've been registered as living in Pescara under the name Aura.  Random!

After about half-an-hour I was given two forms, with a post-it note on to explain what the document was to people who can actually understand Italian.  And now...I am officially a "resident" of Pescara. The city of Pescara have notified Newport in the United Kingdom (not entirely sure how) that I am living in Pescara. Amazing!  So I celebrated by going shopping and buying some things off my "cannot wait until I go home in December and bring it back list".  A coat.  Some leggings.  And a nice new cardigan.  Random.

So.  Here's the part where the hangover comes from.  It gets to 21:00 and I'm cycling off to the old town to meet a friend.  Oh My.  How little did I know what was in store for me.  I got in at 3:00, exactly six hours later, having left my bike where I chained it up because I couldn't really walk very well at 3:00, let alone pedal a bicycle.  (Thankfully I got a lift home.)

How I managed to consume the amount of alcohol normally reserved for a big-night-out in London would take far too long to explain but you know you're in for a heavy night when you're being told that "the English" are famous for drinking.  I suppose I was making sure I didn't let them (or "the English") down which takes me full circle, back round to the fact that I am [still] feeling rather hungover right now.

Comments

Popular Posts