Weird goings on...

So over the past few days there have been strange happenings, not helped by the fact the house is all mine, as much as this is turning out to be fine!

Ok.  Monday night there was a huge thunderstorm.  BIG rain.  It's hard to explain just how loud it was, considering I live in the loft space of a building.  It was so very loud and not appreciated at 2am.  I got up all confused and traipsed around my room weighing up my options in my head.  I should've gone to one of the, very much empty, bedrooms downstairs but instead decided to stick it out in my room which meant I didn't sleep well!  It stopped raining briefly at 11am but started just as I got on my bike to cycle to work, typical. Got a little bit wet but then there's not much point in only being a "fair weather rider" here so I'm just going to get used to it.  A waterproof coat is definitely needed though!

The next night (Tuesday) I felt really uneasy when I finally went to bed.  Just as I did so there was this almighty noise that was a bit like crashing.  It sounded like downstairs but when I investigated I found nothing.  I think (hope) that it was just someone opening/closing their shutter.  At least that's what I convinced myself it was even though it didn't sound like that at all.  Spooky!

Finally, today I get up with one job in mind: defrost the fridge/freezer.  There's been a MASSIVE lump of ice at the back of the fridge for aaaages now so I thought it was about time to sort it out.  For the past few days I've been trying to eat the contents of the fridge and freezer and haven't gone shopping so the past few dinners and lunches have been even more random than usual.  Anyway, this morning I potter downstairs to start emptying what is left in the freezer, put it all in the cool bag and start on the fridge when I notice the lump of ice has gone.  During the night it has fallen off by itself and is now at the bottom of the fridge.  All I had to do was get all the big bits of ice into the sink and scrape off the remaining stuff that was on the back. Amazing!  Easiest defrosting I've ever done.  Now that is what I call divine intervention!

On a completely different note I went out to a "meet up" group last night which is for English speakers.  It was a really pleasant evening.  Everyone spoke English fluently and were from all over the place, Scotland, South Africa, Peru and all over Italy.  So that is how I will spending my Wednesday evenings every fortnight as not once did I have to be asked to repeat what I said, or slow down.  Hurrah!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts