...sad times...

Yep, Eva's leaving.  Moving back to the Scotland land, which thankfully we can follow on http://www.gormleyinglasgow.blogspot.com hoorah for blogs!

Lately (mainly due to the sadness of Eva's impending departure) I have been up to a bit of this and that.   Been to the beach, attempted to visit places that Eva wants to see before returning home and add in the usual shopping that just happens when there really isn't anything else to do.  This means I have, if you look very closely, a tan line, on my back, from sitting on the beach.  Whilst you UK citizens have horrible weather it's definitely still quite lovely here (24 degrees atm, and it's 11pm - if you wanted to know).    
 

Erm...not entirely sure what my last, or when my last, post was but here's a sad photo.  Such a lonely thing sitting in such a lonely place (200m from my house).  Awwwww...........

It was quite random.  Strolling along to chapel at 6.20pm on Sunday evening and BAM!  Just round the corner form our house; a sofa.  Of course!  Good to see fly-tipping is also another international aspect of culture (see http://pakesinpescara.blogspot.com/2011/09/international-games.html for more info on international aspects of culture!)



On a more cultured note, at some point during the weekend...maybe Saturday or Sunday?!...Eva and I were missioning back from the beach and there were a group of people dancing to a pretty ramshackle band of accordions (which seems to be some sort of local commodity, really wished I'd bought one when I had a wee accordion obsession 4 years ago) and drums. 


So one would make an educated guess that this is a type of local attire of Abruzzo (the region of Italy Pescara is in) and that it is a local folk dance being performed.  However this might not be the case and they could be visitors from another land...please, please, please do not quote me on anything above!




Oh yeh.  I feel inclined to mention my least favourite thing* in Pescara at this point.  Just because they have affected me greatly and made my legs look like, well, "every colour but tanned".



Yep...the mosquito.  And I saw one of these today, infact two.  They are called zanzara tigre.  I am loving this quote from a website:

Pale-skinned females seem to suffer particularly, and it's fairly common to experience nasty reactions to bites, with swelling and blistering that can last for days.
(taken from http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/heat.html )

 And that my friends, is that.

 
* Please do not confuse my least favourite thing in Pescara with my favourite things in Pescara.  My least favourite thing is ONE thing...where as my favourite things are plural and consist of ice-cream, passata, bread, coffee, beach, sunshine and 1€ buses...oh...and MONK.

Comments

  1. I am sad to be leaving but there is one thing that is making me happy at the moment and that is the knowledge that my fantastically amazing Scottishness has rubbed off on you...Please see copy and pasted quote below:

    " a wee* accordion obsession"

    *well known Scottish word meaning little or small.

    :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, rest assured your Scottishness will live on as I'm certain I've adopted many of your mannerisms! (But not...must I add...the word "dinghy") xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts